How to Reduce Risk of Manual Handling Injuries in the Workplace
Manual handling refers to activities in which people lift, lower, push, pull, hold or restrain an item. Since manual handling injuries are natural in many material handling and warehouse equipment industries, it is important to have strategies in place to preserve the security of your workplace and your employees. When manual handling is inadequately carried out, injuries such as strains, sprains, slips, falls, cuts and various others can occur, endangering your employees. Luckily at Equip2Go, we have a wide selection of products that can help enhance your safety when performing manual handling tasks.
Try out different order picking methods
Our Material Handling products allows you to safely lift, lower and transport heavy equipment and pallets without endangering your workers by doing this by hand.
- Our industrial Lifters and Stackers are perfect for lifting large, bulky or inconvenient items. We have manual hydraulic stackers like our SFHD10 Hand Stacker, electric lift stackers like our EPS0415 Electric Platform Stacker and manual aerial work platform trolleys like our MER35 Aerial Work Platform Trolley Duct Lifter.
- Apart from lifters and stackers, we also have many industrial Scissor Lift Tables that feature platforms for raising and lowering loads. Examples include our TF200 Rough Terrain Scissor Lift, which is suitable for uneven or rough terrains, and our TF50S Stainless Steel Scissor Lift, which is ideal for use in wet and harsh environments.
- Moreover, our pallet jacks are designed to efficiently and securely move a wide range of loads, alleviating the need to transport them by hand. Particular pallet trucks include our 540mm wide High Lift Pallet Jack / Pallet Truck, Electric Pallet Jack with 1500kg capacity and 685mm wide Stainless Steel Pallet Jack.
Use Trolleys to Transport Bulky Items
Trolleys are convenient for transporting big products and equipment around your workplace. We at Equip2go have a variety of industrial trolleys that enhance workplace safety and productivity.
- Platform Trolleys like our TSL11 Platform Trolley and our ST16009F Stainless Steel FlatBed Platform Trolley are suitable for many industrial applications.
- We have all kinds of Multi-Tier Trolleys that can have up to 4 shelves, like our HS808LI Quad Deck Service Trolley Cart, or can function as service carts, like our HS828D Triple Deck Service Cart Platform Trolley.
- Order Picking Trolleys like our TS4B Stock / Order Picking Trolley are fit for warehouse stock picking applications.
- We have Hand Trolleys and Hand Trucks like our TH300 All Rounder Hand Truck that are suited to manual transportation of bulky items.
Use Castors to Suit Your Working Environment
It is important to equip your trolleys and other transportation equipment with Castor Wheels that are suitable for the environment you intend to use them in.
- Our Stainless Steel Castors provide especially smooth operation and great longevity in wet and corrosive areas, such as greengrocers, cool rooms and nurseries.
- Our Pneumatic Castors and Wheels and Puncture Proof Wheels are suitable for uneven or unsealed ground, making them effective for use in harsh environments.
- Our Industrial Blue Rubber Castors protect floors and reduce noise, proving to be suitable for use in environments with soft floors or where noise is an issue.
We also have General Duty Grey Rubber Castors, Industrial Grey Rubber Castors, White Nylon Castors, Industrial Urethane Castors, Heavy Duty Urethane Castors, Extra Heavy Duty Castors, Scaffold Wheels and Pallet Jack Rollers and Wheels available, as well as Expanding Inserts and other Castor Wheel Accessories.
Use Safety Equipment to Protect Your Employees and Workplace When Carrying Out Manual Handling Tasks
Our range of Safety Equipment can improve health and safety conditions when carrying out manual handling tasks in a myriad of environments, such as roadwork sites, factories, shopping centres, car parks, loading docks and warehouses. It includes:
- Our Convex Mirrors provide vision in areas where the view might be obscured or reduced, and can also give an added observation point for machinery and production lines in warehouse environments.
- We stock a variety of Traffic Management equipment that maintains traffic regularity and safety in many roadwork sites and hazardous areas. Our traffic management products include plain and reflective traffic cones, flag bunting rolls and T-top bollard stems and bases.
- Our Portable Barriers provide a mobile solution to pedestrian and traffic problems, conveniently restricting access where a flexible traffic control barrier is required.
At Equip2Go, our broad selection of products enables safe and convenient manual handling in any environment. Check out our website for more information..