Why choose our gas struts:
- All products are assembled and checked in Australia
- Guaranteed optimal operation and superior quality
- Thoroughly tested and quality checked before delivery
- Equipped with a well-oiled seal and an additional backup seal
- All gas struts come with a dust cover to keep the dirt off the seals
- Standard Fittings are also included
- Custom-tailored jobs are available to meet specific needs and requirements.
|Extended Length (mm)
|Stroke Length (mm)
|Compressed Length (mm)
|Shaft Size (mm)
|Cylinder Size (mm)
Finding the right gas struts to replace existing struts:
To replace old gas struts you will need to find the right size and weight capacity.
Every 10kg of weight requires 100n. If your application weighs 40kg, you'll need a gas strut of 400n.
Keep in mind that the weight capacity of the simple calculation depends on the concentration of the weight being lifted, with greater weight capacity required the closer it is to the hinges. If you're unsure about the type of gas strut required, don't hesitate to contact our team for assistance. We will be glad to help.
Our gas struts are labeled in fully extended length. To determine the appropriate size of a gas strut for your application, it is recommended that the length or height being opened and closed is around 60% of the gas strut length. Once you have established the correct size of the strut, the next step is to calculate the required weight capacity in Newton force.
Certain gas struts may have a label that displays all the necessary measurements and specifications for convenient reference. However, if this information is not readily available, you will need to estimate the required newton force and measure the diameter of the shaft and cylinder of your existing gas struts. A useful technique for determining the necessary weight capacity is to use a regular bathroom scale in conjunction with a broomstick.
- For example, Let's take a 195mm gas strut with 200n. You will need to make sure
- 195mm equals 60% of the entire length of the window/door.
- 200n will be sufficient to lift 20kg or less.
- The diameter and width of the shaft and cylinder match your existing gas struts.
Finding the right gas struts initially:
While finding a gas strut to replace an old one can be a straightforward process, determining the correct size and weight capacity for the first time can be more challenging. However, there is a formula available that, while initially appearing complex, is manageable if you have accurate measurements. However, this formula acts as a guide online. Our team can help you to determine the correct gas strut if you provide us with accurate information. Alternatively, you can use the provided formula below to calculate the required specifications yourself.
Measurements you need:
- M = Moving Pivot
- P = Fix Pivot
- E = Hinge Point
- G = Weight Of Door. 10 Newton will lift approx 1kg
- H = Half the depth of the Door
- F = Force required
- D = Distance from Hinge E to moving Pivot A
Formula (only works for door opening from verticle to horizontal):
Discover everything you need to know about our premium gas struts. Our high-quality gas struts are ideal for a variety of vehicular applications, from doors and windows to toolboxes and canopy windows on utes, camper trailers, RVs, and caravans.
Available in a range of weight capacities (100n to 1200n), it's crucial to choose the correct weight capacity to avoid injury and damage. Our struts come with a well-oiled seal, and additional backup seal to guarantee smooth operation, resist corrosion, and prevent sudden slamming. We offer custom fabrication jobs for specific applications.
We also offer custom gas struts with specific pressure to suit all applications. If you can't find the gas struts you need, please contact our team via live chat or call and our team will help you select the right gas strut for your needs.
Flat Rate Shipping for Metro Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
We offer 2 shipping options at Equip2GO:
- $22 for smaller goods such as castor, plastic containers, etc…
- $44 for bulky or heavy goods such as ladders, trolleys, pallet jacks, etc…
If your order consists of both smaller goods and bulky items. You will be charged a flat rate of $44.
You can purchase multiple units of any products; you will only get charged one flat rate.
For example - if you are in Metro:
- Purchasing 4 ladders, you will get charged only $44
- Purchasing 50 Castors, you will get charged only $22.
- Purchasing 4 ladders and 50 Castors, you will get charged only $44
For Remote Shipping Locations if the shipping charges are substantially higher than the default flat rate. We will contact you to discuss additional charges and will issue you a full refund if you are not happy to pay the additional charges
Our orders are dispatched within 24 hours once payment is cleared. For Metro areas, most of our orders are delivered within 3-5 business days. It will take slightly longer for non-metro locations.
If there are further delays, we will inform you beforehand.
Should you need something delivered urgently or have complex delivery requirements, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Click and Collect:
We have multiple branches/multiple distribution centres that you can collect from. You can select your click and Collect location at the checkout. Please wait for our confirmation before coming.
- 121 Logis Boulevard, Dandenong South, VIC 3175
- Factory 7, 33 LaraWay, Campbellfield, VIC 3061
- 79-85 Cowpasture Road, Wetherill Park NSW 2164
- Unit 11 28 Burnside Road, Yalata, QLD 4207
- 65 Manton Street, Hindmarsh SA 5007
- 211 Bannister Road, CanningVale, WA 6155
Stocked only in Melbourne Facility. Free local pick-up when ready.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other equip2go users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Shipping Cost for this item is : $20.00 +GST(per order)
Duration: Usually 3-5 Business Days
Flat rate shipping for all Metro areas in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
If you are outside the metro zone, we will contact you with options or provide you a full refund. more info.
Click & Collect this item : Free .
Store Pickup (by appointment only) - Please allow us some time to prepare your order and contact you when it is ready for pickup.